Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Back from Waskaganish

Time is Money: A 15-minute mistake cost me $333.43. After spending a lovely weekend in Waskaganish, I went to the airport and missed check-in by about 10 minutes. The attendant wouldn’t budget or allow me on board – despite the fact everyone was still waiting at the gate – and I ended up returning to Chisasibi the next day on a few flight. Utterly embarrassing, considering that I am usually on time and never let myself make such a silly slip-up. This was probably the first time I’d ever missed a flight.

Back to Hudson’s Bay: In a couple of weeks, I'll be headed back north to visit Whapmagoostui. I’d previously worked there for 8 weeks last spring when I was still a contractor. The refundable fare on Air Creebec costs $434, while the non-refundable ticket is only $232 – that’s a difference of $200, nearly double! We’ll be staying with a friend.

Back to Work: Part of me hates going away for the weekend because I come back feeling a bit disorganized. It’s been a hectic week and I feel like the paperwork is a bit overwhelming. I didn't even eat lunch when I came back from the airport. I’m actually looking forward to having some time off classes – two afternoons are being canceled because of Hallowe’en and a hockey tournament – to play catch-up. Don’t ever go into teaching if you can’t organize your papers!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.theonion.com/articles/dad-suggests-arriving-at-airport-14-hours-early,29662/

    vince

    ReplyDelete