Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day Trip to Chibougamou

We drove out to Chibougamou; I felt like a happy dog, going out for a car ride. I made the 1.5 hour drive out, mostly a straight rode with giant curves and the occasional blast of a few snowmobiles racing 100 meters parallel to the rode. I do miss driving and I hope to eventually try out a snowmobile!

The computer stores weren't helpful in Chibougamou. There was no technician on site at one and the second was closed on the weekend. For now it seems to be working - I suspect there's a loose cable.

Anywho, we ate at the cutest little cafe called Cafe Brulot. It's a co-op with paintings for sale inside, very modern with lots of beer on tap and Trivia Pursuit cards - en francias, bien sur - on each table. They even made their own beer. I got 2 eggs floretine with an amazing Hollandaise sauce and les fruits on the side. I've been a bit more confident interacting with cashiers in French now. They usually can tell I'm Anglophone though!

We went to a small mall, which basically had 12 stores. Dropped into the Bijou and a few clothing stores; Bench is really really popular here - all the kids of Bench jackets, hoodies, t-shirts. H. got a long, blue-green Bench jacket for $50, down from $150! We spent the most time at Zellars - getting games and chocolates. I bought Blokus at Zellars ($35) and am going to donate it to the school when I leave here in 2 weeks. I also got 2 $4 puzzles - after we drove back, it took C. and I 4 hours to finish all 750 pieces of just one!!

Yes, it was a wild night in Waswanipi.

2 comments:

  1. I'm leaving it here! I have another one with the Great Wall of China.

    ReplyDelete