Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pizza Party

Went to the science class and helped out students - I'm starting to see where they are at and how far behind they are on language and math. Even calculating the number of electrons, they struggled to give me an answer as I wrote:

chlorine has 17 electrons = 2 + 8 + ___?

They are very receptive to me and you can see their attitude change when I start working with them. They want to learn but they don't want to sit around being berated by their teacher.

Had a pizza party to draw in the Sec 4s and 5s. It was fun to chitchat with them, learn their names. Tease them and laugh. Four pizzas cost us $116. ACK. Good thing we can put it under the work expenses. I didn't have any since there was pepperoni on everything. We had ordered one with just cheese on it but I think they had messed up.

Two of the teachers went to Mistissini for Thursday and Friday. I get a bed for the next two nights!! H. and I made pancakes for dinner, had a class of wine and a slice of Camembert, then we watched Twilight. Chatted with Dave, shower and off to bed!

1 comment:

  1. $116 for four pizzas?? Redonkulous!! They charge that much and they still couldn't get your order right?? Boourns!!

    ReplyDelete