Friday, April 20, 2012

Rouyn

We said goodbye yesterday to our students and took off this morning to Rouyn. D. drove the first have to Matagami, where we stopped for lunch. I filled up on gas and then hopped into the driver's seat. We got into Rouyn around 5 pm. Tried to drop off our beer bottles at the SAQ but apparently they don't take them! We had to go to IGA and got $6.10 for beer bottles.

V. and I were walking around the store, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the choice. OMG! Oasis juice is $1!!!! (We blow a lot of money on food and juice up north to entice kids to come, normally it's $2) We were sort of wandering around, eyes like saucers, staring at everything. I laughed when I noticed that the seafood sales girl were watching us. Like we had dropped down from another planet and had never been in a grocery store before. All the things we lived without before in front of us, V. said she wanted to buy everything! Reverse culture shock, I call it.

Stayed at the Alpin Hotel again. I finished ordering - a cannelloni with a garden salad instead of caesar since je suis vegetarien -  and D. said, "Your French is really good!" which was a nice compliment. I have a good accent but I just don't speak enough to feel comfortable. I really wished I had done more French because I'm envious that I'm not fluent in it.

After dinner, we stuffed ourselves silly, we had some beers. L., V. and I did some clay face masks. Sat around chatted. Tomorrow have to drop off L. at the bus stop and then drop off V. and D. in North Bay. Last 4 hour stretch and I get to see Dave! And we will hang out for Collingwood for a half day together!!

It's been two months apart so I know that we will have a good time catching up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment