Thursday, April 5, 2012

Update from Chisasibi


Packed up, said goodbye to teachers at school and got driven to the airport by J., the principal. Ate at airport restaurant - cheese, lettuce and tomato sandwich, coleslaw, onion rings and real Tropicana juice (total $13) . Flew into Chisasibi this afternoon, napped most of the half hour flight. Perfectly clear skies and good flying weather. We only paid $420 in excess baggage, versus $560 when we first came.

Chilled at the apartment, happy to have Internet where YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Dropbox and Blogger are not blocked. Went to the Northern to get groceries, spent $96. Everybody and their mother were there -Easter weekend coming so no chance tomorrow. I got some chick'n nuggets and tofu! Avocados were pretty expensive so I held off. Not been eating as well the past 2 weeks as we were working 12-hour days with little free time. Looking forward to doing some proper cooking again.

Tomorrow, E. and C. are driving me to Waskaganish. I am sad to leave S. and A. Us three girls were getting along perfectly - it is hard to find coworkers that you work so well with. A. and I will be going back to Whapmagoostui after the Goose Break. It has been awesome up in Whap. Kids are lovely. The only thing that drives me crazy is inconsistent attendance. It is normally to have no one show up on a Monday morning because they were partying on the weekend. Sometimes attendance is 50%

Update on computer: Someone was suppose to bring my new MacBook Air from Collingwood to Waskag. Now departure is delayed and I won't see it until the 16th ... when my online course is already over! I was expecting to get it this weekend so I could finish the last part of my course. I was so upset when I found out about the delay I started crying at school. I just felt so frustrated, trying to do my online course with my laptop screen burning out and practically researching and calling Apple for 4 days before I could just ORDER a new computer. Yeah, whatever ... first world problems. I realize that when I have not been eating well I get more emotional. It's just part of overall mental, emotionally and physical health - it's all linked together.

Bed now. Another Travel day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. The computer situation has to be tough. At least you have a lot of other things to smile to much. I know you can complete the online course even though it's going to be a bit harder.

    ReplyDelete