Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Awesome Week (despite computer issues)

It's been a very productive week so far! Highlights of the week:
  • We have been getting a steady stream of Sec IV students (Grade 10s) daily!
  • T. made pizzas from scratch for us. There was a vegetarian for me too! Monday pizza night was busy and we didn't leave until after 9 pm. I actually had students do a lab with me from 7-9 pm!
  • I finally got 2 Sec IV A students! The Bs have been good but we have been struggling with getting the As out. They are the older students who have repeated Grade 10, some a few times. They are more jaded and likely not going to come back to school if they fail high school another time.
  • S. has been working her ass off. She had two students writing essays with her until 11:30 pm last night!
  • I ran a Rocks and Mineral workshop by myself! S. led it in the morning on Tuesday with the Grade 4s and then I did it solo in the afternoon with the 5s. S. and I split it up for the Grade 6s.
  • When I get serious, kids listen to me because they know I am annoyed / stern / strict. It's sort of funny that they will pay attention to me. I am better at "yelling" than A. and S. I had to "yell" at some kids for S. when they weren't listening to her during a robots workshop.
  • I finally ordered a refurbished MacBook Air to Collingwood. I will meet it in Waskaganish when I head there in 2 weeks. I got a small teacher's discount!
And last but not least:

I love students shouting my name and saying hi to me everywhere I go!

1 comment:

  1. That last part has to be amazing. Probably the most amazing feeling for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete