Sunday, March 25, 2012

Laptop Dying

Bad news.

My Toshiba screen has fried. All you can smell is plastic burning as it boots up. It doesn't help that:

A) I require a computer for work purposes
B) I will be the new team lead after T. leaves on Tuesday
C) I am still completing my AQ and have another deadline on Friday

Yeah, this sucks. Maybe I can find a monitor and drag it home? Normally, I would be flipping out but since living up north I feel more zen when I encounter problems. I was even surprised myself that I wasn't as upset as I thought I'd normally be. Take life as it comes, no sense in wasting energy.

After a breakfast of blueberry pancakes, we had a little meeting to lay out what next week is going to look like. In the afternoon, A. and I dropped into the Northern supermarket to pick up groceries. I went to the basement and they did have 2 Acers and a Toshiba. I forgot to ask about prices since I've pretty much decided that I might be switching over to a Mac (so that syncing with the iPad will be easier). I will hold off, find out where I will be headed in a few weeks and possibly order it in. In the meantime, I will have to use the computer at the school. Therefore, this week:
  • Have more premade lunches on hand
  • Stick to my work schedule
  • Squeeze in AQ work everyday, even if just seeing what the next task is
This will be a crazy week with additional programming running. I am helping do a Rocks and Mineral program for Grades 4,5 and 6s. Sleep is important but it may have to be sacrificed here and there. Booo... don't think I will be able to get away for volleyball on Tuesday and Thursday night (although I did get to practice some overhand serves on Saturday at the gym).

Oh yeah, I missed the Whale Cup this weekend too. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment