Saturday, March 3, 2012

Skiing!

We went skiing in Chibougamou. It's probably been more than 10 years since I've skied but I had an amazing time!

Fresh snow when we arrived at 10:30 am. Perfect powder, no sun and the just the right temperature. It snowed the whole day and I loved it. I regret not taking photos up at the top, it was so peaceful and just very beautiful sitting quietly in the snow, overlooking the lake. My knees were starting to feel a bit of pain halfway through but otherwise was okay. I stuck with the green runs and skied the whole day without poles.

Stopped in between for a grilled cheese and un chocolate chaude. There were also a group of 12 teachers from Mistissini. I could actually talk to the cafeteria ladies in French and they understood me! I'm starting to like the rural Quebecois accent and my listening/comprehension is better.

We probably left around 3:30 pm. Everyone had so much fun! There was a snowmobile rally in Chibougamou (see photo). After skiing, we ate at Cafe Brulot encore. J'ai mangé un sandwich végétarien avec le chevre et les legumes. Et j'ai ajouté les photos on my Yelp review.




No comments:

Post a Comment