Tuesday, March 13, 2012

James Bay Highway

It was about 6 hours from Waskaganish to Chisasibi. All three of us girls drove - I drove for a couple of hours and we listened to Bruce Peninsula. I'm also happy to know that I have another coworker who likes Fleet Foxes and Great Lake Swimmers and Hollerado!!!!

Here is the gas station at 381 km. You have to fill up here because there is nothing for quite a distance.


After fueling up, we went to use the bathroom. A woman came in and mumbled something and I understood her!!! She said that it was cold in Cree. (The other words I know in Cree right now are purple, black and white)

More info on the James Bay Highway at this website. You can also take a virtual tour from the computer!!!! For Vince and Sonja - the dams were not visible from the road but if I head back here later I can sign up for a tour.


When we got in it was dark at 9 pm, we saw the northern lights. Holy cow the sky is green!!!

1 comment: